Ticho House was one of the first houses in Jerusalem built outside the old city walls. It was built in the second half of the ninteenth century by an Arab dignitary.
The Tichos bought the house in 1924. They converted the lower storey into an eye clinic which served the population of Jerusalem, rich and poor alike, until Dr. Ticho’s death in 1960. Anna served as his assistant and at the same time began going out into the landscape and drawing the hills, views and figures of Jerusalem. Using different media over the years, these remained the chief subjects of her work.
The Tichos, throughout their long lives, were active in Jerusalem’s social and cultural life. After her husband’s death, Anna continued to live and work in the same house until her own death in 1980. Her work was widely acclaimed and her drawings are found in many museums in Israel and abroad. She received many honorary titles and awards, including the Israel Prize in 1980.
As a token of her love to Jerusalem, Anna Ticho bequeathed the house, all of its collections and its library to the people of the city, to serve as a public center for art.
Contact Information вапр