The sight was opened to the public during the spring of 1986, after three years of reconstruction.
The Yesod Hama’ala settlement marks the renewal of Jewish settlement in the Huleh Valley of the Galilee. It was established in 1884 by the "Yesod Hama’ala association", which was composed of residents from Mezeric and Brisk Poland.
Remains of an ancient synagogue attest to the fact that on this very soil, a Jewish settlement had existed 1600 years before.
The beginning of the convert aliyah movement to the Holy land began with the immigration of to the Dubrovin family.
In the 1904 the family, headed by Yoav Dubrovin, immigration from Russia.
The proximity of the Huleh swamps took its toll, on the family, as it did on most of the farmers, malaria taking the lives of many victims. In 1968 Itzhak Dubrovin donated the estate to the Jewish National fund, and after his death, was buried with his family at Yesod Hama’ala. At the impetus of the Local Council, a public corporation was formed to reconstruct the sites as it was during its pioneer days, as an illustration of the prevalent lifestyle at the farmer’s courtyard of the turn of the century.
Contact Information вапр