The National Maritime Museum is devoted to the maritime history of the Mediterranean basin, the Red Sea and the Nile, and its collection presents 5,000 years of maritime history.
The Museum collection came into being in 1953 as the private collection of its founder and first director, the late Aryeh Ben-Eli. The Museum was originally housed on one floor of the Sailors` Home in Haifa; in 1972, it moved to its current premises at 198 Allenby Road.
The building was constructed on land belonging to the Ministry of Defense, and its creation was made possible throuogh the generosity of the Jack and Michael Morrison Foundation, London, the Haifa Municipality and additional donations from Friends of the Museum in Israel and abroad. It now belongs to the Haifa Museums Corporation.
Contact Information вапр