The Museum Of The History Of Gedera And The Biluim is located in a special building, that was donated by Moshe Mintz and his wife Rachel. Dr. Mintz bought the land at the end of Biluim Street, and commenced planning to build a house that would serve as his home (on the western side) and a community center (on the eastern side).
During the life of Moshe Mintz, and after his death the house served as a concert hall, a social meeting place, a place for weddings and a theater for screening movies, and in the hot summertime the films were screened in the courtyard. In 1984, members of the Mintz family came to Gedera, and sought to make a donation for rehabilitating the house and turning it into a museum.
The dedication of the Museum took place with the presence of many in 1986. " The Museum Of The History Of Gedera And The Biluim" is an historic "settlement oriented" museum, whose contents touch on the history of the nation of Israel.
The Museum substantiates the idea of Zionism in its development, through observing the culture of the Biluim and the history of Gedera from 1882 until today. The Museum is an educational institution, whose purpose is to hold, protect, document and distribute the material and spiritual artifacts that relate to the ideas and deeds of the Biluim who founded Gedera in the 1800s and also the history of Gedera from 1884 until today through organizing educational activities and dynamic protection and preservation of the wide range of peoples of the settlement and outside it. The output of the museum is Zionist education with respect to these ideas and achievements.
Contact Information вапр