The Khan Museum of Hadera is located at the Khan national site, in the historic center of the city. The impressive sandstone building was, originally, an Ottoman farmstead building dating from the mid 1800`s.
The building, together with the surrounding lands which make up the city of Hadera, was purchased in 1890 by four Zionist organizations from Eastern Europe.
For six years, the Khan served as temporary living quarters for Hadera`s first settlers. Only 11 original rooms remain today; Those house the city`s archives, as well as displays narrating the history of Hadera. The rooms are also used for the purpose of cultural and educational activities.
The Khan Museum offers a variety of educational programs adapted to a wide range of visitors. Actors take part in the guided tours, and historic video films are screened as well.
Contact Information вапр