The top of Mount Caramel since ancient times is considered a holy place.
Construction of the existing basilica and monastery began in 1836. Earlier this place was a monastery, the hospital served to soldiers of Napoleon during his unsuccessful siege of Acre. It treated the French soldiers who were cut derogability Turks after Napoleon.
Colorful paintings on the church depict scenes from the Old Testament. The church is a statue of the Virgin Mary carved from Lebanese cedar.
The cave, located below the altar, is the Cave of Elijah, where tradition, lived the Old Testament prophet. Candles, burning on the altar above the cave, represent one of karmelitskih communities from around the world.
Pyramid in front of the church - is a memorial for French soldiers who died here after the retreat of Napoleon.
Contact Information вапр