Mahmoud Mosque is the largest mosque in Jaffa.
The mosque is named in honor of the governor of Jaffa in the 19th century, Mahmoud Abu Nabuta.
The mosque was built on the foundation of an ancient mosque in the years 1812-1814.
The mosque dostraivalas for many years, have been decorated with a dome at the bottom of the stairs - the iron gate on which is written: "No God but Allah, and Muhammad - His Prophet".
The mosque is acting, it visited the Muslim residents of Jaffa.